ALL >> Health >> View Article
Discover The Truth Behind Drug Detoxification
Total Articles: 3
Many of us have heard about the term “detoxification”, but do you have a clear idea on what this process means? If your loved is currently diagnosed with drugs or substance abused, the medical personnel assigned may advise drug detox.
What is drug detoxification?
Drug detoxification is a medical procedure that is designed to help a patient suffering from drug or alcohol addiction eliminate these substances from his or her bodily system.
What is expected to happen during a drug detoxification?
Below is a checklist of things expected to happen when someone is admitted to undergo drug detoxification at any of the registered drug and alcohol detox centers:
• The whole process isn’t an easy journey
Yes, this is one of the things that the person diagnosed with drug or alcohol addiction is expected to undergo when enrolled in a drug detoxification program, the whole process isn’t an easy journey to the patient. Why? There are many side effects that a patient will have to deal with before he or she can be clear from drugs or alcohol like sweating, rapid heartbeat, feeling of anxiety, unexplained body tremors while some experienced insomnia and hallucinations. All these side effects occur during the withdrawal phase because the craving for drugs or alcohol is still present.
• The length of detoxification treatment may vary
Each patient’s case of drug addiction differs and the length of prescribed detoxification treatment may vary. Depending on the patient’s detoxification need, medical condition and other underlying issues, the detoxification treatment could range from days, weeks or even months in order to achieve full recovery.
• Drug detox is preparation for drug rehab
Drug detoxification is the initial stage that a drug dependent will have to undergo. This medical procedure is done as part of the patient’s preparation for drug rehab. There are also cases wherein a patient who availed a drug detoxification treatment may return to his or her old vices like drugs. If this happens, the tolerance level might increase and there’s a huge possibility of patient being dependent on drugs.
• Several detoxification treatments may be required
As I’ve mentioned if a drug dependent who initial detoxification didn’t bring desired outcome of total withdrawal from drugs, he or she may be required to undergo several detoxification sessions before he or she can declared drug free.
Is there a need to go to a residential drug rehab?
If the patient’s drug addiction is a recurring case despite undergoing detoxification, the need for a residential drug rehab might be the best alternative solution to achieve complete sobriety. This kind of drug addiction treatment facility is mostly equipped with highly skilled medical team of experts, psychiatrists and nurses who are specifically trained to handle cases of patients with drug or alcohol addiction. Of course, enrolling a loved one to a drug rehab residential would require willingness and commitment on the part of the person, plus ongoing support, love and understanding of the family members. I suggest you consult a drug rehab specialist to discuss the best option to treat a loved one’s drug or alcohol problem. Detoxification plays a vital role in the entire journey of a drug rehabilitation process.
Health Articles1. 10 Common Myths On Adhd You Must Know! | Adhd Centre In Bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. The Merits Of Using The Invisalign Braces?
Author: Dental Wellness
3. Some Of The Most Common Practices Of Dental Care Procedures
Author: Erik Forster
4. Little Known Ways To Botox And Fillers Treatment
Author: Sona Shinde
5. Aids To Help Someone Rise From A Sitting Position
Author: Derry Hall
6. “biospringa”; A Food Supplement For Your Daily Nutritional Requirements
Author: Divya Pant
7. Transasia Bio-medicals’ International Hematology Range Backed By European R&d Is Now In Telangana;
Author: Anurag David
8. What Is A Canker Sore?
Author: Elite Dental Group
9. Guarana Seed Extract Caffeine Supplier Brings The Best Product For Market!
Author: William Rowe
10. The Liver Detoxification Tablets Can Surely Improve Your Health
Author: Herba Diet
11. The Most Commong Questions To Ask An Invisalign Dentist
12. Want To Prevent Type 2 Diabetes, Avoid Sugary Drinks
13. How To Recognize Fake And Real Ambien Tablets?
Author: Alicia Alvarado
14. Hernia Surgery In Ahmedabad- Advanced Option To Treat Hernia
Author: Nidhi Hospital
15. Dispose Your Medical Waste With Best Biohazardous Waste Disposal Company
Author: Herb Scott