ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Obedience Training For Dogs Is Easy And Fun
Total Articles: 4
You have a dog that you wish to enter into the service industry by taking care of special needs individuals. This requires not only a special dog, but also careful training to ensure that the dog will be a good fit for anyone. This article was written to answer some of your questions about dog training.
Enforce all of the commands you issue to your dog. Do no issue a command on a whim. Only give a command to your dog if you truly mean it. This can lead to having to repeat your commands. A well-trained dog should only need to be told once to do something.
Show your dog that you love them and are proud of them. It's easy in dog training to focus on the negative and try to show your dog that what they are doing is wrong. Make sure that you also work to accentuate the positive and praise them when they are doing well.
Prepare to administer lessons to your dog repeatedly. Most dogs will not pick up a new command with just one or two tries. Sometimes it is helpful to focus on one or two commands a day so that through your sessions you are repeating enough times to fix the commands solidly in your dog's memory.
Not all dogs are comfortable around other dogs or people. The best way to train your dog to be more comfortable around other animals or people is to expose them to as many people and other dogs as often as possible, preferably earlier in their life. This will make them accustomed to being around others.
Make your dog training fun for both you and your animal. If you are not having fun then more than likely, your dog is not either. This can lead to you both having a bad experience. The more fun you can make your dog training the faster it will go for both of you. Try to look at dog training as a game, and not as a chore.
To teach your dog how to walk on a leash, you should start by getting your dog used to the leash at a young age. Walk around your yard or garden with your dog on a leash at first. Reward your dog if it does not tug on the leash. Use a command such as 'come' and tug on the leash at the same time. Your dog should quickly understand that you wish it to follow you.
In conclusion, preparing a dog for the special needs service industry, requires not only a special dog and special training techniques, but also a lot of patience and knowledge from the trainer, as well. If you accurately follow the tips and tricks provided in this article, then you should find success with your dog.
I have put together a great web site containing much more useful articles on the topic of training your dog. My preparation and delivery of the important information is something I think you are going to profit from. - My website
Home and Garden Articles1. What You Need To Know When Hiring An Animal Communicator?
Author: Miranda Alcott
2. Things To Know About The Retractable Roof Awnings
Author: Steve Nakousis
3. Why Do Pools In Florida Have Screens Over Them?
Author: Aluminum Master LLC
4. Can You Handle Life Without Air Conditioning?
Author: Andrea Anibal
5. Adorn Your Bathroom In Desired Way With Renovation Process
Author: Remer Australia
6. Where To Find The Best Discount Tile Flooring
Author: Maheshwari Impex
7. Main Features Of Central Air Conditioner
Author: Henri Dylan
8. 5 Best Height Adjustable Automatic Ergonomic Office Chairs To Bring Some Calm And Comfort Into Your
Author: rumpa saha
9. Understanding What An Estate Planning Attorney Does
Author: Jimmy Walid
10. Preparation Steps For House Painters
Author: Olivia William
11. How To Avoid Getting Ripped Off When You Hire A Painter
Author: Sam Philippe
12. Interior Designers Create Your Own House
13. How A Specialized Garage Door Service Enhances The Performance Of Your Garage Doors
14. Seven Protective Systems By Action Door In Southwest Florida
Author: Action Automatic Door and Gate
15. A Detailed Overview About Several Benefits Of Hiring Garage Door Installation Company In La
Author: Katherine Branson