ALL >> Others >> View Article
Holiday Packages And Popular Tourist Attractions In Khajuraho
Total Articles: 9
Khajuraho, a town in the state of Madhya Pradesh in India, is around 620 kilometers from New Delhi, the capital of India. It is famous for its intricately sculptured enormous temples depicting eroticism, vignettes of passion, music, dance and other creative pursuits. There are altogether 85 temples in original distributed in three complexes. The temple on the western side is the largest of all and widely known containing the beautiful temple of Shaivite Kandariya Mahadev.
The places of tourist's attraction include mostly temples with their artistic designs; but some other tourist spots are forts, dams and cultural centers.
The western group of complex has the famous Vishwanath Temple situated on its north eastern corner. The temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva houses a beautiful Shivalinga made of marble. Besides the main deity there are several other deities including Brahma. Another magnificent temple named Chitradurga, an ancient shrine, is situated eastward facing east towards the rising sun. It was constructed in the 11th century and has an idol of the Surya, the Sun God. The standing five feet high idol of the Surya is depicted as driving seven horses mounted to a chariot. The Kandariya Mahadev Temple comprising the western group of temples is another beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. A few other temples at Khajuraho are Lakshmana temple, Parsvanath temple, Chaturbhuj temple to name a few. All these temples are magnificent pieces of architectural excellence.
Some other notable things of tourist attraction include Shilpgram, a cultural center espousing the cause of the art and the culture of Khajuraho. There are a few waterfalls and the noteworthy among them is the Reneh falls which has come to be one of the main tourists' attractions. It is situated on the confluence of Khuddar and Ken rivers, and presents a beautiful sight of falling waters. There are some museums as tourist destinations and those include Archeological museum displaying the architectural ruins of Khajuraho, Jain museum possessing a huge collection of ancient Jain sculptures. Kalinjar fort and Beni Sagar dam are the other tourist spots where tourists from all over the world converge to see and experience the beauties of nature. Boating, swimming and angling at the dam are a memorable experience.
Khajuraho is well connected with rail, road and air. The numerous tour operators offer attractive holiday packages to suit every pocket. There charges may include the tourist's return airfare, his lodging, sightseeing as well his lunch and breakfast.
Others Articles1. An Election Circus Bereft Of Animals
Author: Kelly Sanchez
2. Essart Faux Leather Travel Document Holder/passport Holder/cheque Book And Passbook Holder/card Hold
Author: Essart India
3. Earth Day 2019 Freebies And Deals
Author: Rene Watts
4. Diverse Types Of Indices You Must Know
Author: Jill Clevenger
5. South Australia Government Rebate Program To Get The Personal Medical Alarm At Free Of Cost
6. Requirement Of License To Sell Supplements
Author: Kumar Ram
7. What Are The Benefits Of Using An Online Video Downloader?
Author: Video Downloadr
8. Why Think About Setting Up A Trust
Author: This is the reason creating kids trust to verify y
9. Mobiistar X1 Notch – Truly An Android Value For Money
10. Assured Quality Automatic Knives At Best Prices
Author: My Switchblade
11. 4 Practical Uses Of A Compact Tractor
Author: Kumar Ram
12. Current Transducer Market Top Companies, Production, Growth Rate And Analysis, 2018-2023
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
13. Make Your Weekend Special With A Very Special Woman By Your Side
Author: Prachi Rai
14. Tarot Card Reading And Prediction 2019
15. Benefits Of Organic Eggs