ALL >> Art >> View Article
Learning To See Creatively
Total Articles: 77
Developing a creative eye is about seeing things in a different way; a personal visual opinion rather than obvious point of view. When we first use a camera we take pictures of all the obvious things around us, landmarks, people we know, family pets, Uncle George etc. This is all a very necessary part of learning photography and after repeatedly taking these pictures, boredom starts to creep in.
If we get bored enough, we tend to look further than the obvious for our photographic subjects, hopefully encouraging us to interpret these subjects in a different manner - but, as we so often see; some people continuously take boring pictures, until they become experts at doing so.
The problem is that we all have pre-conceived ideas about how something should look, and that is what we photograph, so if we want to be creative we must drop these pre-conceptions, and start looking at things from a small child's "innocence".
• Isolate part of an overall scene, using the camera's viewfinder.
• Show things how they are not normally viewed.
• Use light creatively, to show texture.
• Give mood to, or produce silhouetted shapes.
• Use telephoto lenses for landscapes, wide angle lenses for portraits.
• Take photos into the sun.
• Take pictures while jumping in the air.
• Place horizons where you want them to be.
After a while creative vision becomes as natural as breathing, and when this occurs, you can concentrate on capturing the moment:
• The peak of action.
• A fleeting glance.
• Certain lighting conditions.
Learn all the "Rules" of composition, and then see how many you can break while still communicating powerful images. Try not focusing on the point of interest, instead focus on shape, or form. Decide what you want to emphasize, what message you want to convey to the viewer.
A part of learning to see creatively is to look for pictures within pictures. Try looking at a scene through a 28mm wide-angle lens, then change to a 100mm telephoto lens and see how many different pictures you can isolate within that scene.
When you possess the ability to creatively "see", you will never again have to worry about the problems encountered in photography or anything that may have to do with your camera equipment. But how will you know when you have reached the level of being an "A-1" Lens-person, with the ability to see things from a photographic perspective?"
Practice, practice, practice and apply everything you have learnt from photography to your shooting sessions. As they say, practice makes perfect, and "Perfect Practice makes Perfect Pictures".
And you must also learn how to utilize all the techniques required until they have become second nature to you. You need to know how and when to utilize the required techniques of photography and camera, and lenses to create the images you want, finally providing the answers to those questions which you have kept asking yourself .
Are you looking for a wedding photographer in Brisbane? Amy is one of the best wedding photographers in Brisbane Australia. Amy Steed brings a natural, timeless style to Brisbane Wedding Photography. Visit and get more information on www.amysteedphotography.com/
Art Articles1. Mainstream Theater In Manipur
Author: Roshan Sorensangbam
2. The Joy Of Expression Through Abstract Art
3. Contemporary Art Online By Top Indian Artists
4. Photography Is An Art - Understand It Well!
Author: GTA Portraits
5. Meet The World’s Best Wedding Photographer
Author: Nancy Smith
6. Elevation Design For Small House
Author: anil kumar
7. Aone Interior Designer Jaipur
Author: Anil kumar
8. Zinnfiguren Bemalung Painting Is Easy And Affordable
Author: Fernando Enterprises
9. 6 Tips On How To Shortlist The Right Wedding Videographer
Author: Jaxon Floyd
10. 3 Interesting Ways To Advertise Your Company
Author: Alex R Dawson
11. Indian Tanjore Pintings
Author: meenakshi thakur
12. Pashmina Shawls And Scarves Online: The Top Choice For Buyers Worldwide
13. Michael G. Merhige Highlights Concerns Of A Monopolistic Media In Political Philosophy Thoughtful
14. Best Art Gallery And Landscape Paintings In Bangalore
Author: Bangalore Art Hub
15. Tattooing Styles: The Seven Major Choices To Try Now
Author: Alex Bunny