ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why My Garage Door Isn’t Working? 4 Possible Reasons
Total Articles: 4
As a leading service provider of garage door repair in Maple Ridge, BC, we have dealt with every problem you can think of. We often find that people struggle to open or close their garage door from different reasons. So, what these top 4 reasons could be? Let's find out:
Your photo eye is obstructed:
The majority of garage door openers from 1993 feature photo eyes which perceives if a person or object is obstructing the door from lowering all the way. The photo eye will be nearly 4 to 6 inches off of the ground for majority of the doors, with an eye that's almost the size of a pea. It spurts a laser across the length of the garage that, if obstructed, the door will not close.
The power source of your operator is disrupted:
Many times, people unplug their power supplies and then ponder why their door opener falls short to work. Sounds bizarre, I know, but it does occur. Ensure that your garage door opener is plugged into a working outlet. Sometimes outlets go without warning, so you can check to see if the outlet is functioning by plugging another functional electronic device into it. Also, check your circuit breaker, fuse, or GFC.
Broken Torsion springs:
Snap...bang...boom. That's the sound you will hear when the garage door torsion spring breaks down. It can be a pretty loud sound that sounds like a gunshot or a firecracker. Springs are rated for a particular number of cycles & are the 1st thing that'll break in your garage door mechanism. Broken springs are number one source of homeowners call for garage door repair services. If you have a broken torsion spring, never attempt to open the door, as it can be pretty dangerous. Spring repair should be left to a pros or someone with the right skills and proper tools.
Your cables have popped off or snapped:
Just like on a bike sprocket, your cables can sometimes come of the drums(spolls). Quite often, when a torsion spring breaks down, the door cable will break as well. Sometimes, the cable will prompt injury to a wall or vehicle, and if a person happens to be in the way of the cable it can prompt severe injury. Call a garage door professional immediately if your cables have snapped.
Garage doors are complicated mechanisms, therefore they need the attention of a professional who provide garage door repair in Maple Ridge, BC. Don't try to be a DIYer and avoid injures while doing so.
This article is written by Thrifty Garage Door – a reliable garage door service that offers prompt Garage Door Repair in Maple Ridge, BC and the surrounding areas.
Home and Garden Articles1. Going On Holiday? How To Keep Your Home Safe & Secure
Author: Katie McMorris
2. Pesticides For Spider Control In House
Author: Marisn Mackle
3. Air Conditioners - How To Cut Running Costs In Half
Author: Henri Dylan
4. Residential Pool Safety Fence Advantages In Fort Myers, Florida
Author: Fabri Tech
5. How Chilliwack Painters And Decorators Can Help In Resell Your Home
Author: Sam Philippe
6. Wall Tiles And The Variety That They Come In
Author: Maheshwari Impex
7. Step By Step Instructions To Find An Expert House Painter Abbotsford
Author: Olivia William
8. Why Landscape Design Mosman Is Definitely A Sophisticated Art Form?
Author: Sean Martin
9. 4 Signs You Need To Repair Your Air Conditioning: Wangara Expert Advice
10. 4 Reasons Why Hiring The Right Service Provider For Concreting Purpose Is Very Important
Author: Michael Gilmore
11. Know The Prerequisite Steps To Put Forth The Planning Applications
Author: Garry Stacks
12. How To Ensure Your Building’s Safety With The Assistance Of Professional Technicians
Author: Anthony Crummer
13. Landscape Design Calgary And Installation The Best You Need In Your Home
14. 5 Best Ways To Maintain Furniture Decors With Natural And Advanced Solutions
Author: Lilian Facy
15. Give Your Sleep An Extra Comfort With Organic Latex Mattresses
Author: Ahmed Ali