ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Decking Cost: Tips And Suggestions Before Buying
Total Articles: 8
Building a pool deck in Cape Coral, Southwest Florida creates an additional area for entertaining or just relaxing. A seamless transition from inside to outside is very appealing to most home buyers and can increase not only the floor space but even the value of your home. There are numerous things to consider before building a deck, and a variety of design styles, installation methods and materials to choose from. You can have a deck attached to the house, or you can install a free-standing deck.
Which decking material is best?
Before building a deck you must consider the look you wish to achieve, maintenance requirements, and your budget. Consider the pros and cons of hardwoods, treated pine, and composite decking materials.
· Hardwoods such as jarrah, blackbutt, spotted gum and merbau are extremely durable and are highly resilient. You can choose between the warm red-brown tones of merbau or rich brown jarrah to achieve the look you desire. Upkeep is also a consideration, as hardwoods require a timber finish, such as oil, to be applied to retain their durability and prevent them from deteriorating.
· Treated pine is a more affordable timber option, and has been treated to withstand decay, fungi, and termites. A versatile material, you can leave it to turn grey with weathering, or stain it with any color to suit the look you wish to achieve. It is lightweight and easy to install but needs yearly maintenance to keep it in good condition.
· Composite decking is made from a mix of wood fibers and recycled plastic or fiber cement, and is an environmentally friendly alternative to timber. This material comes in a variety of timber tones, and best of all, it requires little upkeep as it does not fade, warp, rot, or splinter. All you need to do is to occasionally wash it down. Composite decking can be more costly than other decking options.
· Modular decking is another option. These prefabricated panels are easy to install, and are available in various timber choices, such as merbau and treated pine. Upkeep depends on which material you choose, but the cost can be more than buying individual boards.
Construction and maintenance
At its most basic, a deck consists of a frame of posts, bearers, and joists that supports the decking boards. The frame can be constructed from hardwood, treated pine, or steel.
There are various ways to attach the decking material to the joists, including nailing, screwing, or even installing hidden deck fasteners for an uninterrupted sleek look.
Each spring, you should inspect your deck for any deterioration. Most stained decks will need re-coating every year or two.
Looking for great pool decking services in Cape Coral, Florida, and its surrounding areas? Contemporary Pools is an elite pool company in Southwest Florida. Keep your pool looking good and well-maintained by calling us at 239-549-2300 or visiting our website at https://www.contemporarypools.com.
Home and Garden Articles1. Going On Holiday? How To Keep Your Home Safe & Secure
Author: Katie McMorris
2. Pesticides For Spider Control In House
Author: Marisn Mackle
3. Air Conditioners - How To Cut Running Costs In Half
Author: Henri Dylan
4. Residential Pool Safety Fence Advantages In Fort Myers, Florida
Author: Fabri Tech
5. How Chilliwack Painters And Decorators Can Help In Resell Your Home
Author: Sam Philippe
6. Wall Tiles And The Variety That They Come In
Author: Maheshwari Impex
7. Step By Step Instructions To Find An Expert House Painter Abbotsford
Author: Olivia William
8. Why Landscape Design Mosman Is Definitely A Sophisticated Art Form?
Author: Sean Martin
9. 4 Signs You Need To Repair Your Air Conditioning: Wangara Expert Advice
10. 4 Reasons Why Hiring The Right Service Provider For Concreting Purpose Is Very Important
Author: Michael Gilmore
11. Know The Prerequisite Steps To Put Forth The Planning Applications
Author: Garry Stacks
12. How To Ensure Your Building’s Safety With The Assistance Of Professional Technicians
Author: Anthony Crummer
13. Landscape Design Calgary And Installation The Best You Need In Your Home
14. 5 Best Ways To Maintain Furniture Decors With Natural And Advanced Solutions
Author: Lilian Facy
15. Give Your Sleep An Extra Comfort With Organic Latex Mattresses
Author: Ahmed Ali