ALL >> Art >> View Article
Michael G. Merhige's Political Philosophy Thoughtful Pauses Enlightens With Collection Of Ponderings
Total Articles: 106
1888 Press Release - Former executive and CIA operative’s gripping book exploits the foibles of the very government for which he worked.
MIAMI – Revealing, sometimes frightening, Thoughtful Pauses is an enlightening collection of ponderings from one who has seen beyond the veil, author and former CIA officer Michael G. Merhige. A compilation of his observations from years of public service, the book concentrates on the foibles of the American government. But politicians are not the only targets Merhige takes aim at in the book.
From law and government to culture and communication, Merhige challenges readers to question our nation today and our role in the evolution of it with political and philosophic thoughts on subjects such as:
• Interpretation of the Law: “No law, no matter how equitably written, will secure justice when implemented by dishonest men. No law, no matter how poorly written, will deter justice when guarded by men of good will.”
• Misinformation: “To control the media is to control the misinformation given and the information not given to the public.”
• War: “When we support a senseless war to send our sons and daughters to with no conscription or imminent national danger, then we have little reason to mourn when they do not return alive or whole.”
• Freedom of Speech: “Freedom of speech is for everyone—not just for the press, the government, and the politically correct.”
“My hope is that this book inspires readers to ponder, and to view their nation, its culture and governing systems more closely.” says Merhige. “By highlighting the pitfalls we face today, Thoughtful Pauses can help readers better understand what’s needed to change the course of the future.”
Thoughtful Pauses can be purchased online through Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other retailers. For more information about the book, visit www.thoughtfulpauses.com.
About the Author
Michael G. Merhige played semi-pro high school baseball in the Ban Johnson League for two summers in Kansas. He received a scholarship to the University of Alabama as a baseball letterman. He served in the US Army as an officer attached to the Navy and Marines during the Cuban Missile Crisis in the Caribbean. He was also a CIA officer in the Far East (official cover) and in South America (non-official cover). He retired as a Corporate Development Executive in private industry.
Art Articles1. Mainstream Theater In Manipur
Author: Roshan Sorensangbam
2. The Joy Of Expression Through Abstract Art
3. Contemporary Art Online By Top Indian Artists
4. Photography Is An Art - Understand It Well!
Author: GTA Portraits
5. Meet The World’s Best Wedding Photographer
Author: Nancy Smith
6. Elevation Design For Small House
Author: anil kumar
7. Aone Interior Designer Jaipur
Author: Anil kumar
8. Zinnfiguren Bemalung Painting Is Easy And Affordable
Author: Fernando Enterprises
9. 6 Tips On How To Shortlist The Right Wedding Videographer
Author: Jaxon Floyd
10. 3 Interesting Ways To Advertise Your Company
Author: Alex R Dawson
11. Indian Tanjore Pintings
Author: meenakshi thakur
12. Pashmina Shawls And Scarves Online: The Top Choice For Buyers Worldwide
13. Michael G. Merhige Highlights Concerns Of A Monopolistic Media In Political Philosophy Thoughtful
14. Best Art Gallery And Landscape Paintings In Bangalore
Author: Bangalore Art Hub
15. Tattooing Styles: The Seven Major Choices To Try Now
Author: Alex Bunny