ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
How Chiropractic Treatment Can Help You Overcome Chronic Pain
Total Articles: 1
Chiropractic treatment involves a non-surgical procedure to treat musculoskeletal issues related to muscles, joints, bones and connective tissues such as tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. The word chiropractic is derived from the Greek words Chair that means hand and praxis that means action. Chiropractic means ‘done by hand’. The best chiropractic clinic in Gurgaon helps you get relief from various types of chronic pain. Chronic pain is ongoing pain that persists beyond an assumed time frame and doesn’t cure by usual techniques of pain management. Chiropractors perform a physical examination and some tests to diagnose your pain. They make a treatment plan including spinal manipulation, therapeutic exercises and manual therapies to treat your chronic pain. Some techniques followed by the chiropractors to treat chronic pain are stated below.
Techniques for degenerative disc diseases and spondylolisthesis
Chiropractors perform some techniques to improve the functioning of the joints by reducing inflammation and developing spinal motion. The techniques followed by chiropractors are:
• Specific spinal manipulation: Identifying the affected joints, the chiropractor frequently uses spinal manipulation. It involves traditional HVLA (high-velocity low amplitude) thrust. They apply their hands to give a controlled sudden force to the affected joint while the patient is placed in a specific way.
• Spinal mobilization: Some health conditions such as osteoporosis, patient’s comfort or preference and pathology may need a gentle approach. Usually, the required gentle approach is called spinal mobilization.
• Manual therapy: Different types of manual therapy are as follows.
• Trigger point therapy: Identifying the tight painful area on the muscles, the chiropractor applies direct pressure on this region to eliminate tension and headache.
• Therapeutic massage: The chiropractor applies massages to reduce tension and pain.
• Self-tissue therapy with the instrument: A soft tissue manual therapy with the instrument is called the Gaston technique. It helps to reduce chronic pain.
• Ultrasound: Chiropractors use ultrasound to reduce muscles spasm, pain and stiffness. It enhances blood circulation creating a gentle heat.
• Interferential electrical stimulation: An electric current with low frequency is applied to stimulate the inflammation.
Techniques for sciatica
You can get the best chiropractic treatment in Gurgaon to get relief from sciatica. Some techniques involved to treat sciatica are:
• Cold or ice therapy: It helps to control sciatica pain by reducing inflammation.
• TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation): It helps to create an electric current with different intensities to treat acute pain and muscle spasm.
• Spinal manipulation: It helps to reduce acute pain of sciatica.
So, you can choose chiropractic treatment to get relief from chronic pain. It is one of the best options for pain management.
Rohit is a senior physiotherapist, Based in Gurgaon and New Delhi. He is Specialised in NeuroRehab, Musculoskeletal pain, Spine manual therapy, Osteopathy, and chiropractic techniques. Rohit is running clinics in Gurgaon and New Delhi, where he is practicing with PNF Approach, Manual therapy, Taping and Osteo/chiro techniques.
Fitness Articles1. Why Exercising In The Morning Brings You A Good Start To The Day
2. Natural Weight Loss Program - Kalp Naturo
Author: Dr. Arpit Choudhary
3. Why Functional Manual Therapy Is An Advanced Way Of Getting Treated
Author: Zara Smith
4. Protein Supplements And Their Benefits
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
5. Shoulder Impingement Causes And Treatment Allcare Pt
Author: allcare pt
6. 5 Expert Tips For Avoiding Common Sports Injuries
Author: Mack Taylor
7. How Does Sunscreen Protect Your Skin?
8. A Number Of Excellent Supplements For Overall Health
9. Supplementation Of Some Key Nutrients And A Homeopathic Medicine
10. Some Great Uses Of Plants For Human Health
11. What Are The Means To Maintain A Healthy Body?
12. Unique Benefits Of Using Health Supplements
13. How Hormonal Supplements Can Be Beneficial On Your Health?
14. Which Supplements Can Help In Boosting Your Immunity?
15. Benefits Of Staying Hydrated Before The Workout