ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Detailed Diy Guide To Install Wheel Stops
Total Articles: 34
If you’ve ever considered installing wheel stops at your parking complex or other structure it can be confusing. The first hurdle is to work out the type of wheel stop that you need and then work out how you’re going to install it. Now, this may come as a surprise, but certain types of wheel stops can actually be installed by anyone that has some basic DIY experience. No specialised tools are required, but it will take time and some effort to get a good result. Let’s take a closer look at this process in this handy guide.
What Will You Need?
This guide will look at installing polyethylene or rubber wheel stops onto a concrete surface. Here are the basic tools that you will need to mark out and install these two types of popular wheel stops.
A tape measure.
A hammer action drill.
A 14mm masonry drill bit.
A 17mm plastic socket.
A hand broom or industrial vacuum cleaner.
A 17mm socket.
The Measuring and Marking Process
The wheel stops need to be set at no further than 1.5 metres apart. The exact configuration that you choose will vary a great deal depending on the needs for your location. If you’re not sure about the measurements, check out other locations similar to your own or look at some specification online. It’s a great idea to sketch out the area to scale on a sheet of paper to check your measurements. Once you’re happy with your layout, use the tape measure and coloured chalk to mark where the wheel stops are going.
How to Install Wheel Stops
Check the supplied wheel stops to make sure everything is there.
Carry out a quick safety assessment to make sure the area is safe to work in.
Go to your chalk marker and place a wheel stop at each location.
Get out your hammer drill and drill a small guide hole into the concrete through each wheel stop anchoring point.
Remove the wheel stop and use the 14mm masonry drill bit to drill a 120mm deep hole in the concrete.
Use the hand brush or industrial vacuum cleaner to get rid of the accumulated concrete dust so that you can see the holes easily.
Place the supplied plastic plug into each hole and then use the hammer to gently drive them home so that they are flush with the surface.
Place the wheel stop back over the marked area and line up the fixing points with your prepared drilled holes.
Fix the wheel stop to the surface using the supplied M10 machine screws going into the plastic plug to make it secure.
Tighten the machine screws with the 17mm socket until they are tight, but don’t over tighten them or you could strip the screw.
If they are looking for wheel stops, Perth based business owners and property managers should get in touch with us at Image Bollards for expert help and advice.
Image Bollards was first established in 1994 by Managing Director Tony Scott. The Western Australian company specialises in installing, supplying and maintaining security bollards, vehicle access and control systems as well street furniture. With over 25 years of industry experience, Image Bollards comprises a team of dedicated professionals who ensure that any client receives only the very best of service.
Automobiles Articles1. A Quick Comparison: Mazda Cx-9 V Toyota Kluger
2. How To Get A Car Loan With Poor Credit Score?
Author: jeffery reynold
3. Updates To The Skoda Karoq And Kodiaq Announced
4. How To Know The Advantages Of Choosing Commercial Car Servicing?
Author: Kim Jordan
5. Auto Repair Services - How To Get The Repair Work Done At The Right Auto Shop?
Author: Justin Gabriel
6. How To Know About The Automobile Shop Work Execution?
Author: Rickey Gregg
7. A Brief Understanding Of The Junk Car Removal Services In Mississauga
8. Things To Consider Before Test Driving A Mercedes Benz
Author: Prashant Agarwal
9. Know About The Starting Of Motorcycle Which Is Taking The World By Storm
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Ride With The Perfection With These Professional Cab Service Providers
Author: jack pero
11. Know How To Get Good Prices In Exchange Of Your Severely Wrecked And Damaged Automobiles
Author: Jesse Alison
12. Four Important Things To Consider Before Selling Your Old Car
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Best Reasons Why Conveyance From A Location Is Now Easy With All Inclusive Cab Services
Author: Max Brier
14. Wiring A Shore Power Plug | Boosting Rv Safety, One Shore Power Plug At A Time
Author: Tony Barber
15. Want To Reach At Your Destination? Hire Stansted Airport Professional Cab Drivers