ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Serve And Smash: Significant Benefits Of Playing Badminton
Total Articles: 17
Was your New Year’s resolution to get fitter and healthier? We are well into February. And, with March looming nearby, it is time to choose an activity that brings you closer to your goal. Playing the game of badminton will help you avoid the monotonous drudgery of the gym routine. It is an exciting sport that can be played at any age. And, its benefits are not only limited to your physical fitness. Let’s understand the significant benefits of badminton and why it should become a part of your life.
Benefits of Badminton: Get ready for the Court
According to a long-term study conducted by the British Journal of Sports Medicine, participants who played racket-based sports manifested a 47% reduction in risk related to any type of deaths. Also, cardiovascular disease (CVD) mortality risk was reduced by 56% for racket sports. The study goes on to show that badminton is one of the best exercises to get fitter and improve your cardiovascular health. If you are looking for a quick and fun way to improve your health as well as concentration skills, you cannot go wrong with a badminton racket in hand.
Not Lonely Anymore!
Two years ago, the New York Times published a detailed articled that chronicled the multiple effects of loneliness on health. If you are feeling lonely and isolated, the game of badminton is a great way of making new friends. Ask your long-lost friend to join for the game or make new ones on the court. For an introvert, playing badminton is not overwhelming because you do not need to communicate with several players. It allows you to meet new people on your terms.
Easy to Start
Want to play the game of badminton? Well, you just need to play. Period. Unlike other popular games such as soccer, football, baseball, wrestling and gymnastics, badminton is pretty simple. You do not need intense conditioning to begin the game. If you have a badminton racket and shuttlecock, you are good to go. You do not need a big field for it. When you are still trying to build a routine around your new-found hobby, badminton will make things simpler for you.
An Inexpensive Choice
Horseback riding, ice hockey, skiing, football, and even gymnastics are expensive sports to play. However, playing badminton is a reality for everyone. You do not need fancy equipment or protective apparel to begin playing it. Here are a few ways to enjoy badminton within a limited budget:
1. As a new player, you do not need specialized power or control rackets to play the game. Make sure you pick the right badminton racket for beginners by understanding your current skills.
2. You can also save money by choosing used badminton rackets. Many online badminton equipment stores offer used rackets in good condition. You can choose one to reduce your cost.
3. Opt for discontinued racket models that are available on sale.
4. There is no need to opt for expensive feather birdies for every game. You can use nylon shuttlecocks that are available at almost half the cost.
5. You can learn different shots and skills by studying badminton coaching videos online.
Ready for a Game of Badminton?
Are you excited about playing the game? Are you ready to dominate the court and have some fun? Great! Buy a racket and few shuttlecocks online to begin your journey. You will definitely love the sport. And, when you are ready to play the game on a regular basis, you can shop for essential badminton accessories and work on improving your skills.
Badminton is a good sport to put you on a healthy path. If you are looking to play badminton, buy used badminton rackets within your budget. Good-quality Yonex Astrox 99 badminton racket and Victor JetSpeed S-12F racket are available at reduced cost. Shop now.
Turning passion into profession! Growing up, sports have always been a big part of my life. And, I feel grateful to be working with a world-class badminton equipment authorized distributor that is making sure that people are getting off the couch and on the court. At Nydhi.com, we constantly strive to improve your game and take you to the next level with quality badminton equipment.
Sports Articles1. Find Out The Best Tips In Bodybuilding
2. Match 34, Delhi Vs Mumbai – Daily Fantasy Cricket Tips
Author: Utsav Vora
3. With Proper And Best Betting Tips You Can Always Win Your Predictions
Author: Balance Your Bet
4. Things To Know About Football Practice
Author: Elite Football School
5. Why Sports/games Are Good For Health ?
Author: Vikas Kumar
6. Durable Little League Uniforms
7. This Summer Stay Indoors And Play Chess!
Author: Mike Shapiro
8. 'warner Needs Aus More Than They Need Him'
Author: Afp, Sydney
9. No Gayle, Lewis For Windies In Tri-series Against Bangladesh, Ireland
Author: Star Online Report
10. Shakib Bats For Dhoni
Author: Pti, Hyderabad
11. The Benefits Of Streaming Cricket Matches Online
Author: Davis Morin
12. Benefits Of Taking Golf Lessons Sydney
Author: Gabriel Fulton
13. How To Restring The Badminton Racket For Better Performance On The Court?
Author: Jeremy Hughes
14. Cricplex Is One Of The Best Cricket Applications In The Country
Author: Deepali Sharma
15. Pro Basketball Coaching Tips To Avoid Common Injuries
Author: Brett Rainbow