ALL >> Education >> View Article
Pharmacy Education In Uae Are We Moving In The Right Direction?
Total Articles: 14
Pharmacy education in the modern world focuses on providing students with knowledge, skills and attitude that enable the graduates to perform the role of the pharmacist as a health care professional, working side by side with rest of the healthcare team. Since the pharmacy profession today is about patient care and putting patients first, any modern pharmacy curriculum around the world will provide a balance of courses and experiences that enables the pharmacy graduate to fulfill the noble role of the pharmacist in providing the best possible patient care, as it relates to the safe and effective use of medicine.
A general belief is that pharmacist’s role beyond dispensing medication may be unnecessary and expensive and can be covered by physicians or nurses. Experience around the world has shown otherwise. The pharmacist role in patient care has been shown to reduce medication errors that often lead to serious health problems. It also leads to less patient suffering and a reduced social and economic burden where patients are expected to require less hospitalization, emergency room visits and hospital readmissions.
At Gulf Medical University, we are trending with ever so changing requirements of healthcare industry and believe in equipping our graduates with the skills, knowledge and experience they need to be job ready from the very first day and hit the ground running upon their graduation.
Hence, we have designed the only undergraduate Doctor of Pharmacy program in the country where the program features;
1) Learning how to access credible knowledge quickly, instead of memorizing
2) Evaluating information and determining its suitability for use in a specific case
3) Providing a solid foundation in biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences
4) Integration of pharmaceutical sciences into pharmacy practice
5) Practicing pharmacy skills in a simulated environment
6) Early exposure to clinical practice
7) Devoting more than 20% of the curriculum to experiential learning
8) Understanding, evaluating and performing pharmacy research
9) Using Team based learning (TBL) to enhance and reinforce learning in an exciting and interactive environment where students learn from each other
10) Inter-professional education where students from different healthcare disciplines engage in simulated and real problem solving exercises to prepare them for inter-professional collaborative practice after graduation.
For more details, visit: https://theknowledgereview.com/pharmacy-education-uae-moving-right-direction/
Education Articles1. Digital Learning: Easing The Course Rigor
2. Different Sources To Help You Through Leadership Assignment Writing
Author: Adam Jackson has been working as an academic write
3. The Oracle Fusion Scm Online Training |oracle Cloud Scm Online Training
4. The Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training | Oracle Cloud Financials Online Training
5. The Oracle Fusion Hcm Online Training | Oracle Cloud Hcm Online Training
6. Student Database Management System
Author: Nishant kumar
7. Top 7 Best Highest Paying Job In 2019 | High Demand Jobs
8. 15 Helpful Angularjs Tools For Developers
9. Python Programming Language
Author: Corporate School
10. Are Data Science Certification Courses Worth Doing?
Author: Durga Prasad
11. Sales Training In India | Dapa
Author: Mercuri India
12. Role Of The Fashion Institutes In Delhi In Creating The Future Of The Students Of Fashion Designing
Author: Anwar Ali
13. How To Do It Yourself Selenium Jenkins
14. 5 Frequently Asked Interview Questions Engineers Should Prepare For
Author: SIT Pune
15. Rajasthan Bstc Admit Card 2019
Author: yadav ashok