ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Data Center Security: Controlling Possible Threats
Total Articles: 3
The rise in cyber crimes is one of the main causes of Data center outages. As per the recent survey conducted by industry insiders, cybercrime caused 22 percent data center outages in 2015 opposed to 2 percent outages in 2010. Adding to all these, now most of the data centers are re-evaluating their security policies after the recent WannaCry ransomware attack.
Data center outages cause companies to loss revenue in many ways. However, the costliest loss is service interruption and loss of IT productivity. So, the organizations are now realizing that traditional security is no longer secure enough to secure any data center. A recent study has found that 83 percent of traffic travels east/west within the data center, which stays undetected by the perimeter security. In this environment, when an attacker infiltrates the perimeter firewall, then can jump across the system with ease, extract information and compromise valuable data. Additionally, data centers can fail due to trespassers or a terrorist attack or by natural calamities.
So, how can one secure a data center in the best way possible from any kind of cyber threat? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered, with the points below.
As the first step, one should Map the Data Center and flag the hackers within the virtual and physical infrastructure. The CSOs and CIOs with a system map of their systems can react to any suspicious activity and take steps to stop data breaches. Being able to visualize different traffic patterns within a network helps to understand threats, that eventually elevates the level of security.
Understanding and measurement of traffic flow within the data center boundary are very important. In the case of any interruption in traffic across east/west vs north/south, protected vs unprotected one can get to know about a threat. Additionally, vulnerable zones and unprotected traffic need to be monitored for a better result.
System/Network Administration Articles1. Edgetelecom
2. Fibre Optic Communication – 5 Great Benefits For Businesses
Author: Karly Barnes
3. Automate Ftp And Sftp Transfers To Exchange Data Securely
Author: Vladimir Davidenko
4. Suitecrm Workflow And Scheduler Management – How To Make This Work
5. Nsa Expands Its Role In The Infor Partner Network
Author: Neil Smilowitz
6. What Drives The Global Distributed Antenna Systems Market?
Author: Andrew Thomas
7. Which Internet Service Provider Offers The Best Internet Plan In Canada, Ontario?
Author: CanNet Telecom Inc.
8. Ethical Hacking Course | Hacking Course
Author: rekha ydv
9. What Is A Home Security Systems Melbourne Services And How It Works?
10. How Important Sevenmonies Managed Service Providers Are To Scale Your Business
11. How Do Warehousing Companies In India Help Businesses?
Author: kumar ram
12. Sas Program And Its Diverse Features
Author: Adela Armstrong
13. Why Should I Install Security Systems Melbourne In Business?
14. Migration From On-premise Application To Aws Public Cloud
Author: Connectio It Pvt Ltd
15. Cloud Computing Can Make You More Secure
Author: Connectio It Pvt Ltd