ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Lack Of Sleep Impacts Male Organ Health
Total Articles: 208
Almost everyone feels better after a good night’s sleep, and many men report that feeling tired or fatigued can sometimes impact their sensual performance, but is there a reason for lack of sleep to impact male organ health? Several studies have indicated that the answer is affirmative; now some animal studies are looking more closely into specific reasons why male organ health might have a connection to sleep or the lack thereof.
One such study is entitled “Impact of Sleep Deprivation on the Hypothalmic-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis and [Reproductive] Tissue,” it used male rats as its subjects. (Animal studies are typically used in order to test initial hypotheses or better understanding learnings from basic science.)
A total of 56 rats were used, but they were treated in segments. The first 16 rats were deprived of sleep for 72 continuous hours (three days); a second group of 16 rats were chosen as controls, and their sleep patterns were not interfered with at all. Various markers associated with hypogonadism were measured. (Hypogonadism is the term used to describe a situation in which the body doesn’t produce sufficient male hormones. Hypogonadism may result due to a problem with the gonads themselves, or because the hypothalamus and/or the pituitary glands, which control the gonads, aren’t working.)
In addition, another 24 rats were divided into 3 groups of 8. One group was a control group; one group was sleep deprived and one group was sleep deprived and was also given male hormone supplementation.
Essentially, the study showed that sleep deprivation in rates did indeed bring about hypogonadism. Those rats in the control group had normal markers; those who were sleep deprived were severely lacking in male hormone. (The group that was both sleep deprived and given male hormone supplementation did have male hormone levels similar to the control group.) The lack of sleep also dampened the production of nitric oxide, which is needed to keep the blood vessels expanded during intimate activity.
These results back up results from earlier studies that looked at sleep deprivation and reproductive issues in rats. One, “Effect of sleep deprivation on the male reproductive system in rats,” found that lack of sleep greatly decreased sperm motility (that is, how well and quickly sperm move and swim) in rats.
All of these studies are looking at actual sleep deprivation – going without sleep for 3 days. Clearly, such results would likely not occur in the same way in a subject who gets sleep, but not enough – say, only 3 or 4 hours of sleep each night. But the studies do suggest that cumulatively and over time, getting too little sleep can result in decreased male hormone and in subsequent Male Organ health issues.
Men who get insufficient sleep should take steps to correct this issue. In some cases, there are some simple lifestyle changes that can help such as:
- Limiting intake of caffeine in the latter part of the day
- Avoiding computer use near bedtime
- Making the sleep space inviting (appropriate temperature, sufficient darkness, comfortable mattress, etc.)
- Being consistent with bedtimes and wake-up times
- Getting an appropriate amount of exercise during the day
In some cases, a person may need the help of a medical professional in assessing sleep issues and determining possible solutions.
Lack of sleep is not the only cause of male organ health issues, so to be better prepared, a man should regularly apply a first class male Organ health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to his manhood. The most effective cremes will include L-arginine, an amino acid which helps produce nitric oxide, which in turns keeps the blood vessels open. The crème should also include moisturizers such as shea butter and vitamin E to keep male organ skin healthy; itchy male organ skin can disrupt a good night’s sleep.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Health Articles1. Ambien Vs Xanax! Which One Is Easily Available Online With Cod Option?
Author: Best Pharmacy Market
2. What Happens If Cataracts Are Left Untreated In Cape Coral, Fl?
Author: James E. Croley III, M.D.
3. Common Features And Overdose Symptoms Of Escitalopram 20mg
Author: RX Online Pharmacies
4. 10 Signs & Symptoms Of Tramadol Addiction | How To Recover Tramadol Addiction?
Author: 10 Signs & Symptoms of Tramadol Addiction | How to
5. How Effectively Medical Pad Printing Can Come Up With Exclusive Prints?
Author: Olivia Joe
6. Healthcare Payer Solution Services Maintain Good Growth In The Current Quarter.
Author: Aarkstore Market Research
7. Wisdom Teeth Removal - 7 Useful Tips For Easy Recovery
Author: Paulo Pinho
8. How To Prepare For An Abdominal Ultrasound Scan And What To Expect From It?
Author: DR. ANMOL SETHI
9. Vitreoretinal Surgery Equipment Market Makes An Impact On Ophthalmic Diseases
Author: Aarkstore Market Research
10. Attention Or Sleep, Problems With Sleep Related To Adhd
Author: David Seaman
11. Online Dietician In Delhi
Author: Shikha Mahajan
12. Find Out Best Institute To Learn Yoga Courses In Hanoi
Author: Yoga With Amit
13. How To Select The Right Yoga Teacher Training In Vietnam
Author: Yoga With Amit
14. 3 Easy Ways To Strengthen Gums And Baby Teeth Right From Age 1 To 6
Author: Pooja Agrawal
15. Try Healthy Way Coq10 Capsules To Combat Heart Disease, Hypertension, And Low Stamina
Author: tina lynn