ALL >> Education >> View Article
Uceed 2019? Know Best Ways How To Prepare For.
Total Articles: 51
If you had already pre-planned for going for UCEED then it's better to join some coaching institute that provides some good quality education and good faculty. But majorly students should have good knowledge of exam syllabus and exam pattern.
So keeping in a note the pattern of the exam:
Mode of Examination: Computer-based Test
Duration of Exam:3 hour
Mode of Paper: English
Total Marks: 300
Number of Sections: 3 section ( A,B,C)
Numerical Answer Type
Multiple select questions
Multiple choice question
No negative marking is done in section A and B.
-1 (minus one) will be awarded for the wrong answer in Section C.
UCEED test is structured to test your fundamentals in the following areas, so you need to focus on the following points:
Visualisation and spatial ability
Observation and design sensitivity
Environmental and social awareness
Analytical and logical reasoning
Language and creativity
Design thinking and problem solving
1. Get the proper idea about the basic structure of the exam and the syllabus. Practice the previous year question papers to get a good understanding of the type of questions asked in the UCEED exam.
2. Understand the concepts and theories of drawing like perspective, human figure and proportion, shade, shadows and textures. Questions will be based on the fundamentals of drawing, even though the UCEED exam does not have a drawing section.
3. Keep in mind the elements and basic principles of design, like colour theory, typography, animation techniques. For eg: walk cycles etc.
4. Improve your vocabulary, general knowledge and current affairs by reading newspapers, books on general knowledge like Manorama, researching the internet or watching YouTube videos related to these topics.
5. Brush up on basic topics of science and math. For eg: pulleys and gears, mensuration, geometry theory and statistics. Questions are also asked on computer science basics such as - How many kilobytes are there in 1 gigabyte?, What is the full form of CD ROM ?, What is Hex Codes?
6. Put a special focus on important topics listed below:
Famous designers and iconic products
General knowledge and current affairs
Art history and movements (including literature and sculpture)
Architectural history, monuments, elements, terminology
Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
English vocabulary and comprehension skills
Basic maths like mensuration, geometry theory, statistics etc.
Basic science fundamentals, mechanisms like gears and pulleys
Popular logos - automobiles, companies or organizations
Animation techniques like walk cycle, etc.
Photography terms and techniques
Mirroring, tessellations, sciography, lights and shadows
Globally recognised Indians in the corporate or technology sector, sports or Olympics, Performing and fine arts, and also any famous international personalities.
Keep in mind, UCEED is an open-ended exam, therefore topics need not be limited to the above.
7. Keep a balance between studying smart and trying to cover everything on a topic. For eg: if you are studying logos for cars, first give priority to the top 20 fastest, most expensive, highest selling brands by volume, etc., before you attempt to study every car logo ever manufactured.
8. Plan yourself with the time available such that you are able to cover as many topics as possible rather than focusing on mastery over fewer topics.
9. Since the range of knowledge and aptitude tested for UCEED is vast, start your preparation well in advance.
10. Be aware that this exam will test you for thorough knowledge gained over a period of time. General knowledge is not a topic that can be studied at the last minute. You are required to make research and reading a part of your everyday mental marathon.
1. Don’t spare much time on drawing for UCEED because as it made clear earlier that, this is a computer-based test which does not involve drawing.
2. Do not limit yourself to the topics mentioned above, cover as many topics as you can.
3. Do not underestimate the amount of practice and time required for this exam. The only way to crack UCEED is by starting as early as you can.
At the end of this article, we would like to suggest you that have a great amount of patience and practice to succeed in such a big national level entrance and so you need to be very confident with your amount of preparation.
Education Articles1. Does Management Study Helps To Grow The Management Skills
Author: Girija Nandi
2. Things To Consider Before Choosing An Mba Programme
Author: Divya Sharma
3. Having Trouble Dealing With Your Projects? - Get Assignment Help!
Author: Having trouble dealing with your Projects?
4. What Are The New Highlights Of Selenium 4
5. Innovative Approaches To Improve Your Civil Services
Author: Somnath Ranjan
6. Approach To Teaching Life Skills To Students
Author: Gurukul The School
7. Know Why Should You Enrol In Robotics Classes And What Are The Aspects?
Author: Ankur Anand
8. Is Assignment Help Need Of The Hour??
Author: quick and wonderful assignment help
9. The Teacher-student Relationship That Must Exist In The Classrooms
Author: Alpine Convent School
10. Enabling Children To Widen Their Intellectual Boundaries
Author: Gurukul The School
11. Data Science Training In Hyderabad
12. Discipline Policy At Gurukul Towards Creating An Environment Of Collaboration
Author: Gurukul The School
13. Upcoming Government/private Jobs
14. A Few Tips To Master Foreign Languages
Author: Ashley Baker
15. Top 3 Optional Subjects For Upsc Mains
Author: Rahul Sharma