ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Quick Skoda Octavia Sport 110 Tsi Catch Up Review
Total Articles: 35
The Skoda Octavia 2018 models represent a good value proposition for those drivers seeking a wagon with a little extra. Here we are looking at the Sport Wagon 110TSI, which some may think is just a lower priced Skoda Octavia RS. However, this Czech made car is extremely effective at blending practicality with sporty looks at an affordable price.
At a Glance
The engine feels very refined, and it delivers excellent economy for the class. The spacy interior is well presented, the infotainment system is very intuitive, and the boot is practical and spacious. The optional Tech Pack now has wireless charging, and there is a five year warranty. Some drivers may lament the lack of a factory fitted standard satellite navigation system and the ride may be a little firm for some.
The Skoda Octavia
Skoda is for the most part underrated in Australia, but slowly we are getting the message, and the sales figures reflect this upward trend. By the end of July 2018, the Octavia had outsold the VW Passat, Subaru Liberty, and Hyundai Sonata, to gain a market share of 7%. The latest generation in the Octavia range was released in 2013, but there have been several major updates since then, such as design, standard features, drivetrains, pricing, and even name changes. In fact, the modern Octavia is so different one could argue that somewhere a new generation car arrived almost by stealth.
The 110 TSI Wagon
The mid range Octavia wagon has an exterior replete with sportier design features, such as full LED headlights, black exterior highlights, black roof rails, black side mirror caps, privacy glass, lowered sports suspension and 18” Turini darkened alloy wheels. This wagon is a real head turner visually, and most drivers will be keen to get inside.
In the cabin, there are sports seats that are cloth covered with white pinstripes. They are comfortable and supportive much like those found in the Octavia RS models. Extra equipment over the base models, includes a pair of extra rear airbags and rain sensing wipers. There are some lovely brush metal trim effects applied around the door interiors and centre console area. The centrally mounted V-shaped stack houses the 8” infotainment screen that is excellent, and this can be upgraded to a 9.2” screen if you get the optional Tech Pack.
The Driving Experience
The Skoda Octavia wagon is a firm ride, the engine feels extremely refined even when you’re reaching into the higher revs. The best performance is found right in the middle of the revving range. With a time of 0-100km/h of 8.3 seconds, it is three tenths of a second faster than the VW Golf Wagon. Fuel economy is an impressive 5.2L/100km using a combined cycle.
If you’re looking to buy a Skoda Octavia, get in touch with us at Perth City Skoda. Book a no obligation test drive with us today, and you can try out the new Skoda Octavia wagon first hand.
Automobiles Articles1. A Quick Comparison: Mazda Cx-9 V Toyota Kluger
2. How To Get A Car Loan With Poor Credit Score?
Author: jeffery reynold
3. Updates To The Skoda Karoq And Kodiaq Announced
4. How To Know The Advantages Of Choosing Commercial Car Servicing?
Author: Kim Jordan
5. Auto Repair Services - How To Get The Repair Work Done At The Right Auto Shop?
Author: Justin Gabriel
6. How To Know About The Automobile Shop Work Execution?
Author: Rickey Gregg
7. A Brief Understanding Of The Junk Car Removal Services In Mississauga
8. Things To Consider Before Test Driving A Mercedes Benz
Author: Prashant Agarwal
9. Know About The Starting Of Motorcycle Which Is Taking The World By Storm
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Ride With The Perfection With These Professional Cab Service Providers
Author: jack pero
11. Know How To Get Good Prices In Exchange Of Your Severely Wrecked And Damaged Automobiles
Author: Jesse Alison
12. Four Important Things To Consider Before Selling Your Old Car
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Best Reasons Why Conveyance From A Location Is Now Easy With All Inclusive Cab Services
Author: Max Brier
14. Wiring A Shore Power Plug | Boosting Rv Safety, One Shore Power Plug At A Time
Author: Tony Barber
15. Want To Reach At Your Destination? Hire Stansted Airport Professional Cab Drivers