ALL >> General >> View Article
How Much Tongue Cleaning Affects Plaque Levels In Children
Total Articles: 85
Tongue cleaning is important in removing extra particles from the surface of your tongue, especially those that cause bad breath. Some people use their toothbrush to do this, while others use a specially made sounded tooth made from metal or plastic. No amount of tongue cleaning can replace proper toothbrushing, but its benefits have prompted some people to add this extra step in their daily teeth cleaning routines.
Over time, bacteria, debris and dead cells can build up over time, leading to the development of plaque. This is especially true among children as they can sometimes forget or inadequately clean their tongue. This can also be a cause for bad breath and give a negative impact on your overall oral health. Using a soft-bristled toothbrush or a tongue scraper, you can effective remove all this buildup, prevent plaque and bad breath, and give you many more benefits like:
• Improve sense of taste. Research have shown that cleaning the tongue twice in a day can improve the sense of taste. This means that your tongue is better able to distinguish between sweet, salty, sour and bitter sensations.
• Improve appearance of the tongue. Excessive buildup of debris on the tongue can cause it to take on a unsightly white, coated appearance. Daily tongue cleaning can help get rid of this coating and stop it from forming again.
• Remove bacteria. Researchers in one study have found out that tongue cleaning twice a day for one week reduces the overall incidence of Lactobacilli and Mutans streptococci in the mouth. These are the types of bacteria known to cause dental decay and bad breath.
• Improve overall health. Getting rid of bacteria is key in preventing gum disease, cavities and other oral conditions. Tongue cleaning can remove these bacteria from the mouth, improving the appearance and sensation of the tongue.
• Tongue cleaning might not replace toothbrushing, but the former can do some things better than the latter. Researchers have found that tongue scraping is more effective at removing odor-causing bacteria compared to brushing.
With all these benefits that tongue cleaning can offer, perhaps it is about time that you start to incorporate this step in your morning and evening oral care routines. To learn more about tongue cleaning or scraping, talk to a reputable dentist in your area now. They would be glad to give you tips on how to better take care and maintain your oral health. You also might want to ask more about the right techniques to proper tongue cleaning and the right tools or products to use.
General Articles1. 5 Benefits Of Buying Indian Bridal Hair Accessories From Online Shopping Website
Author: One Mela
2. Got Great App? Make It Visible To The World With Marketing Experts…
3. Best Bridesmaid Gifts For A Rustic Wedding
Author: Ben Alford
4. China Animal Silage Fodder Cutter Crop Straw Crusher
Author: yang huimin
5. Seeking Sweet And Simply Southern Style? Find It And So Much More At Girls ‘round Here
Author: Ben Alford
6. Know What Problems Can Be Fixed Using Astrology By Our Top Astrologer In Brooklyn
7. Are You Looking For A Letting In Edinburgh?
Author: Andrew whitmey
8. Characteristics Of Numerical Control Special Machining Technology
Author: Madhavachar Rangnekadr
9. Waking The Dead Anger Management
10. Global Telecommunication Market
11. How To Do Keyword Research For Seo And It’s Benefits.
Author: Ananth parsad
12. Show Your Creativeness With Bespoke Leather Jackets!
Author: Akash Sharma
13. Make Your Day More Fashionable With The Varieties Of Hippie Clothing For Women
Author: Anika Jonas
14. Attractive Opportunities In The Hydrogen Generation Market During The Forecast Period 2018-2023
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
15. How Good Is Your Water Treated- Find Sure Results With Water Softeners Nz
Author: Rabin Ryan