ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Which Van To Hire While Moving Home?
Total Articles: 31
When looking for a van hire on the Gold Coast to use when you move your home, there are a few things you need to consider such as the cost, convenience factor, the size of your load, the number of helpers you will require and the distance you will move.
Search for quotes
The internet is the perfect place to find your local van hire services on the Gold Coast, you can either ask for a quote online or visit them and get a written quote.
Check your load size
Before you ask for a quote you need to know the approximate size of your load so that you can get the right sized van. Measure the largest objects and then you can advise the rental companies of dimensions of the van you will need. Things like large dressers and cabinets can be loaded empty into a van and the filled with your lighter less bulky items.
The double bed and the chunky couch or piano are heavy and difficult and need to be considered when deciding on the right van.
Consider the weight of your load
Will the van have a hydraulic lift or a ramp for loading?
Does the rental company supply a trolley or dolly for moving heavy objects?
How close to your load can you get the van for loading and unloading?
Sometimes a smaller van is better because you can get closer, although you may need to take several loads. This would not be a problem for a short van hire on the Gold Coast, but maybe if you are planning longer moves.
Types of removal vans commonly available
- Luton truck or lorry
This is the largest removal van usually available for hire, it has a capacity of 27 m3 and is suitable for a medium home.
- Luton Van
The most common size van for removal rentals this has a capacity of 15 m3 or 3 tones and can fit the contents of a small house or flat including the bed and large pieces of furniture. They can be driven on a car license.
Long wheel based Van
These large vans can hold about 10 m3 and are suitable for a two person flat or moving smaller furniture and large boxes. They can get into areas that a bigger van can’t go such as busy inner city areas with very narrow streets and tenant car park buildings.
Medium Wheel based Van
With a carrying capacity of 7 to 10. m3, these vans a perfect for the small office or flat where there are only a few boxes or pieces of furniture.
Often it is better to choose a van with a smaller sized engine as they tend to be more economical. Usually, they have seating for three people in the cab or front and come with auto or manual transmissions as well as all the feature you would expect in a modern car.
Van hire companies on The Gold Coast offer a range of options to suit a range of different driver skills and will show you all the options and safety features of the van they have to allow you to choose a van that suits your needs.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather