ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Maintain Polished Concrete, Professionally?
Total Articles: 11
Polished concrete floors are easily the most aesthetically pleasing, durable and easy to maintain flooring systems available today. Although they if looked after will last a lifetime, it really depends on the amount of traffic they receive each day. With a normal four to six member home the amount of wear is minimal, but if you’re polished floor on the Gold Coast is in a high traffic area such as a shop, shopping mall, school or hospital it could have 5,000 plus people using it each day, so it will require a more frequent and comprehensive maintenance schedule.
All floors attract a certain amount of dust and grit and it’s the buildup of this abrasive element on your floors that can, if not removed cause your floor to lose its luster and become dull. By having a proper daily maintenance program you will keep your floor looking great for longer with little effort, at a much lower cost than any other type of flooring option.
To ensure your floor stays in pristine condition it requires a regular well organized maintenance program that incorporates the use of chemical and mechanical cleaning and polishing applications.
Some of the main Daily maintenance options include:
- Door or floor mats at all entrances that are cleaned or changed regularly
- Taking care to clean up any spills promptly so they do not stain or etch into the floor
- Daily dry mopping or auto scrubbing
- Spot treatment of any areas of high traffic with non-reactive cleaners or plain water
Your polished concrete in order to keep it looking as good as when first done needs to have regular application-specific maintenance tool using the right cutters and chemical compounds. This involves polishing with diamond impregnated pads made of animal hair or synthetic fibers. These pads come for both wet and dry application and are made to fit all types of mechanical floor polishers, burnishers, buffers, and auto-scrubbers. They can be found online as well as at most hardware or home improvement stores around Australia.
Your polished concrete floor needs the added protection of selected chemicals, including silicates, potassium and calcium that conditions the surface and work with the elements that are already part of the concrete floor providing added strength and abrasion protection.
These chemical floor “conditioners” are available from the same places you obtain the polishing pads for your floor polisher and are applied using your auto-scrubber or polisher. Some of these conditioners are made to be used quarterly, monthly or weekly as required or specified
Having a contractor look after the regular maintenance of your polished concrete floor anywhere on the Gold Cost is very cost effective and means your floor will maintain its shine and luster for many years adding value to your building. In addition, it means all you have to do is a daily quick clean.
Once your polished concrete floor is finished it is so easy to keep clean by sweeping or dry mopping each day. Periodically, depending on the amount of foot traffic on your floor, mechanical scrubbing and polishing are required either by the home-owner or a contractor to keep it in pristine condition.
Hardcore Concrete is a Gold Coast based company offering Concrete Grinding, Concrete Polishing, Epoxy flooring service. http://www.hardcoreconcrete.com.au/
Home and Garden Articles1. Staircase Safety Design Tips
Author: Millie Jones
2. Could Aging Air Conditioning In Baldivis Be Driving Up Your Energy Bills?
3. 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Kitchen Space
Author: Sunita Arvind
4. 5 Simple Home Decor Ideas To Make Space Look Trendy
Author: Sunita Arvind
5. Useful Tips To Keep Your Air Duct Clean, Fresh And Safe
Author: ServiceMaster 24/7
6. Reasons For Calling An Expert To Repair The Home Appliances.
Author: Anu Walia
7. Hardwood Floor Or Wood Looking Ceramic Tile. Got Stuck?
Author: villo home
8. How To Opt For A Fantastic Bathroom Remodel In San Francisco?
Author: Logan Daniel
9. Common Things To Do That Keeps Your Upholstery Clean For Longer
Author: Lilian Facy
10. Top Six Benefits Of Hiring An Architect For Planning And Designing Your Home
Author: Garry Stacks
11. Know Why Using Sheds In Constructions Prove To Be An Affordable Solution
Author: Michael Gilmore
12. Four Interesting Ways To Use Carports
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
13. Know How To Be A Perfect Proposal Planner And Create Wonders In The Real Estate Field?
Author: Adam Leworthy
14. What Makes The Commercial Electrical Contractors Stand Out From Others
Author: Anthony Crummer
15. Are You Looking For Fence Installation Service Providers? Here’s How To Proceed!
Author: Katherine Branson