ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
What Type Of Settings Do I Need To Make While Setting Up The Netgear Extender?
Total Articles: 19
We all purchase a Netgear wireless range extender to remove all the dead zones inside our home and to have a consistent Wi-Fi signal throughout our home. Every user has its own needs and usage. There are multiple settings that we could use to setup the Netgear wireless range extender. It all depends on what we expect and what we need from our Netgear wireless range extender. We could setup the Netgear wireless range extender as a access point or we could simply set it up as a wireless range extender.
The Wi-Fi network name of the Wi-Fi extended by the Netgear extender
While setting up the Netgear wireless range extender, we could choose the Wi-Fi name foe the Wi-Fi network that will extended by it. The default name for that Wi-Fi network is always your Wi-Fi network name_EXT. That means, it shows us that the Wi-Fi network of the Netgear wireless range extender is just an extension of your existing home router Wi-Fi network. But, if we wish to change it, we can do that as well very easily and put any name or Network SSID as per our choice.
Type of security
After choosing the name, we have to choose a type of security we would like to put on the Wi-Fi network extended by the Netgear wireless range extender. There would be certain options like WPA, WPA2-Personal, WEP and few others. WE could easily choose any of the one security from those options. After that, we have o choose a password that we want to put on the Wi-Fi network of Netgear wireless range extender as per the chosen security type. If, we have chosen the WPA2-Personal security, we have to choose the password as per the requirement of this security.
Setting up the Wi-Fi network on 5ghz bandwidth
We could make our Netgear wireless range extender to expand the Wi-Fi signals in two bandwidths i.e. the 2ghz and 5ghz bandwidth. If, we only want to extend the Wi-Fi signal in single bandwidth, we could do in that way as well. It all depend on us what we want from our Netgear wireless range extender. After choosing the Wi-Fi network to extended in two bandwidths, we could choose any Wi-Fi network name for those Wi-Fi networks and the password as well. After that, we could use the 5ghz Wi-Fi network with those devices that needs more internet speed and for low end services we could use the 2ghz bandwidth Wi-Fi signal.
At mywifisetup we turn ideas into innovative networking products that connect people, power businesses, and advance the way we live.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. A Quick Guide About Android P.
Author: Pushpraj Verma
2. Layman’s Guide To A Successful Odoo Erp Customization
Author: Beyonce Adams
3. What Do You Know About Wiring And Replacing A Light Fitting?
Author: Brown Ross
4. How To Register A Kindle Keyboard To Your Amazon Account?
Author: jhon methew
5. Saas Software- A Boom For It Professionals
Author: Adam Stewart
6. How Smart Home Appliances Are Changing Lifestyle
Author: Daniel Saul
7. Crypto Currency: A Bright Future Or Just A Fad ?
Author: informatics matrix
8. How Is Data Science Used In Manufacturing Companies?
9. Training And Educating With An Interactive Whiteboard
Author: Vivency Global
10. How You Should Start Your Android Development Journey From Beginning
Author: manisha sharma
11. Learn Exactly How Adscrisp Helps The Audience
Author: Adam Stewart
12. For The Best Performance Of Your Device, Buy High-quality Laptop Batteries From Reputed Companies
Author: Charlie Puth
13. How Can You Remove Noisy Data In Data Mining?
Author: James Church
14. How Ios App Development Company Helps In Transformation Of Your Business
15. How Certified Mobile Mechanic Can Make All The Difference
Author: Charlie Wollstonecraft