ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Brief 2018 Peugeot 208 Gti Édition Définitive Review
Total Articles: 26
The 2018 Peugeot 208 GTi Édition Définitive is the ultimate send off for a beloved hot hatch generation. It has a strong profile, excellent performance, a lovely interior, a practical boot space and exclusivity for bragging rights. However, some drivers may not enjoy the firmer ride, and there are only twenty available for sale. Let’s take a look at what you get for the additional Peugeot 208 GTi price tag.
The Peugeot 208 GTi Édition Définitive
The Peugeot 208 Gti seems to get passed by in the hot hatch segment in lieu of car such a: the Renault Clio Rs, Ford Fiesta ST, and VW Polo GTi. This is a real shame; the 208 GTi is actually one of the hottest hot hatches in the entire class. So, when a new generation was announced for a 2019 release, Peugeot decided to finish the current generation with a bang.
Enter the Peugeot 208 GTi Édition Définitive edition with a premium price tag and an enhanced specification. There is plenty of extra equipment on show as standard, such as new suspension and damper rates, red 323mm Brembo brake discs, a Torsen limited slip front differential, exterior matte black accents, a lowered ride height, wider tracks and 18” matte black alloy wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres. There is also “Peugeot Sport” branding located prominently as each C-pillar. Low speed AEB has been added for the very first time, and it can operate at up to 30 km/hr.
Inside the Cabin
There are nicely appointed bucket front seats that are finished in Alcantara and red floor mats that again have “Peugeot Sport” embroidered prominently. The red piping continues up the interior of the door, onto the handles and across the seatbelts. There is still a 7” touchscreen from the outgoing model, which provides access to useful features, such as satellite navigation, a rear view camera, parking sensors, dual zone climate controls and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Other useful legacy features are still present, including LED daytime running lights, LED tail-lights, front fog lights, automatic wipers, and automatic headlights.
An Overall Impression
This is an impressive package overall, and the additional premium is certainly worth it. There are no options available for this Peugeot 208 GTi Édition Définitive release. This extends to external paint, there is no choice available, and that is Pearl White. The white paint looks great against the black alloy wheels and accents, but if that’s not your colour, you may have to go elsewhere. The 10mm lower ride height and wider tracks certainly give this 208 GTi and extremely muscular appearance. Under the bonnet, the 1.6L turbocharged four cylinder power plant remains unchanged. This engine generates 152 kW of power and 300 Nm of torque, with a fuel economy of 5.4L/100km combined.
If you’re in the market for a new Peugeot 208 GTi, get in touch with Perth City Peugeot. Join us for your no obligation test drive, and you can try out the thrilling Peugeot GTi for yourself.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather