ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The 2019 Peugeot 208 Spotted
Total Articles: 26
The next generation of the Peugeot 208 has been spotted out and about recently. There have been extensive images released showing off the new cabin, digital cockpit, and the fantastic premium styling. This car is set for a full reveal at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, so a cheeky little early reveal has undoubtedly got the car industry talking. Let’s take a closer look at what we’ve learned so far about this forthcoming Peugeot release.
[b]The Next Generation Peugeot 208[/b]
When they consider a Peugeot 208, price is often a major consideration for Australian buyers. European cars certainly cost a little more compared to their Asian competitors, but you often get something that is a genuine alternative. A Peugeot car offers something different, the styling features, the underlying design ethos, and the specifications are all outside our normal car buying experience here. So, when a new Peugeot car is revealed, it’s often a breath of fresh air, and we can expect some interesting innovations along the way.
[b]A Holistic Design Ethos[/b]
The shots of the next generation 208 show that it’s drawing upon the designs that we’ve recently seen in the latest 508, 5008 and 3008. Much like the larger 508, it seems that the 208 will have the diagonal shaped LED daytime running lights. This lighting system is integrated into the front bumper; there is also a wide and aggressive stance there. Around the back, we can see the new three claw LED tail-lights that seem to be a signature touch now. The 208 now looks chunkier or muscular with improved passenger and luggage space available.
Inside the cabin, you can easily see that the design is heavily influenced by the larger 3008. The next generation 208 is equipped with the latest i-Cockpit digital interface. There is an instrument panel that sits above the smaller steering wheel, and the centre stack is angled for the driver. This stack is where you will find a table touchscreen infotainment unit that seems to float by the driver. The gears are shifted with a toggle switchgear, and there are no clear shots of the material or trim levels.
[b]Under the Skin[/b]
The new Peugeot 208 will be the second recipient of the new CMP modular architecture system. This is already used on the next generation Opel Corsa and the DS3 Crossback. The CMP platform can be used for an alternative powertrain so we can expect the new 208 to have a plug-in hybrid and/or EV variant at some point. To prove this theory, one only has to look at the Corsa and DS3 which will offer these options in the near future. Peugeot insiders have already indicated that we can expect future Peugeot cars to have powertrains that can be chosen by the customer.
If you’re looking to buy a new Peugeot 208, get in touch with Perth City Peugeot. Book a no obligation test drive with us today, and you can try out the fantastic Peugeot 208 for yourself.
Automobiles Articles1. Demystifying The Art Of Safe Driving: 7 Easy Tips For A Safe Road Trip
Author: Sandeep Jangir
2. Impeller Machine Manufacturer Deccan Engineering Leads All Impeller Manufacturers
Author: Deccan Engineering
3. 3 Towing Tips For The Peugeot 5008 Crossover
Author: Barry Sharp
4. Why Should Schedule The Collision Repair Immediately After The Accident
Author: rudys auto refinishing collision
5. 4 Ways To Take Care Of Your Car Between Your Mazda Service Visits
6. Brief Explanation On Why The Maxi Taxis Acts As A Saviour To Larger Groups In Reaching Their Destina
Author: Max Brier
7. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Your Bike Repaired Than Replacing It
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tappet Market By Schaeffler, Skf, Eaton , Federal-mogul, And Nsk.
Author: rechal dey
9. What Is The Difference Between Hid And D2s Led Headlights
Author: Hamish Crotty
10. Why Should You Visit The Service Centres Regularly With Your New Vehicle
Author: Oliver Mertin
11. What To Look For While Booking A Spot At A Nearby Vehicle Parking Lot?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Sell Of Your Car With 24 Hours Of Calling Cash For Cars
Author: Lachlan Ruth
13. Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Author: Tony Barber
14. How To Prevent Car Sickness In Your Mazda Mx-5
Author: Mandurah Mazda
15. How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather