ALL >> Health >> View Article
Is It Possible To Regenerate Tooth Enamel?
Total Articles: 1
The tooth enamel also acts as an insulator and protects the tooth from hot and cold foods and drinks. Unfortunately, a lifetime of eating and drinking can chip and wear the tooth enamel away. Unlike a broken bone, once tooth enamel is eroded, it can never be recovered. As much as it is the hardest tissue in the body, it can also regenerate naturally.
Harmful bacteria feeds on the food particles present in our mouth, particularly sugar. This leads to the release of some toxic acids that wear away the enamel and ultimately causes tooth decay. However, there is another challenge that eats away the enamel. Eating acidic foods and drinks makes the enamel to lose some of its important elements. If you take such foods and drinks repeated after a long time, your enamel will be at risk of damage.
When it comes to protecting your enamel, nothing beats visiting the dentist. Visiting your dentist after every six months will help to ensure that damaged tooth enamel does not go untreated. On top of visiting your dentist, make sure that you brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once a day. Also, avoid any acidic foods or beverages.
Fluoride treatment is another effective way to strengthen your enamel. Using a toothpaste that contains phosphates and calcium will help in restoring these minerals on the enamel. The acid that is produced as a result of bacteria action of on the food particles in the mouth removes calcium and phosphates from the enamel. So, next time you are purchasing toothpaste, make sure that the toothpaste contains fluoride. You can also visit your dentist for fluoride treatment.
If you experience constant tooth sensitivity, the chances are that your tooth enamel is eroded. Make sure that you visit our dentist in Mulgrave for corrective measures that can strengthen your enamel. However, there are some instances when corrective measures were not taken in a timely manner and as a result tooth decay developed thus damaging your tooth. If you are in such a situation, worry no more. Our dentist at Springvale Dental Clinic can help restore your smile through root canal treatment.
Health Articles1. Kiran Skin & Aesthetic Clinic In Hyderabad
2. Know The Dangerous Of Delaying Wisdom Teeth Removal Procedure
Author: Will Sievier
3. Dr. Puneet Dhawan - Naturally Heals The Signs Of Kidney Problems
Author: Karma Ayurveda
4. Ramps Make Public Areas Accessible For Wheelchair Users
Author: Derry Hall
5. Effective Dental Treatment With A Top Dentist
Author: National Dental Care
6. Relationship Therapy Nederland Is Going To Bring Positive Outcome For You!
Author: Angelika Matthias
7. Elawoman Fertility Loan
Author: Deepak Kumar
8. Akanksha Hospital – The Best Surrogacy Clinic In India
Author: Akanksha Hospital
9. Biopsy Systems Market: Increase In Geriatric Population To Drive The Market
10. What Steps To Focus While Choosing An Orthodontist?
Author: Clark Robinson
11. Tricks To Make Your Treatment Successful!
Author: Steven Tyler
12. Are You In Need Of An Effective Nephrotic Syndrome Ayurvedic Treatment?
Author: Karma Ayurveda
13. Barnet Person Centered Therapy Is Offered By Professional And Certified Therapist Now!
Author: Patrick Harper
14. Why Is Women Empowerment Training?
Author: Tanya Sharma
15. How Oral Defect Is A Reason For Many Diseases?
Author: Frank Sullivan