ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Stop Google Chrome Update On Ios Device
Total Articles: 34
Google Chrome didn’t have any options to disable the automatic update. When a new update comes out, Google Chrome performs automatic updates every few weeks to provide more stable browsing.
But, if you want to stop automatically Google Chrome’s automatic updates because you do not want to change the current version of Chrome or whatever your reason may be, then here are some solutions to disable automatic update on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
How to disable Google Chrome Update on your Mac
1. Click on ‘Go’ tab in the top menu of your Mac’s display.
2. Hold down the ‘Option’ key of your Mac’s keyboard. It causes Library folder will appear on the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the ‘Library’ from the menu.
4. Scroll down and search for ‘Google’ folder in the library list.
5. Double click on the ‘Google’ folder to open it.
6. Click and select the ‘GoogleSoftwareUpdate’ folder.
7. Now, click ‘File’ tab from the top menu bar.
8. Click ‘Get Info’ from the File’s drop-down menu.
9. Click on the ‘Lock-shaped’ icon at the lower left corner of the window.
10. Enter your password.
11. Now, click and select the folder’s name at the top of the window to rename it.
12. Enter a different name (NoUpdate).
13. And press ‘Return’ button to save the new name.
14. Close all windows to restart your Mac.
15. Click on the ‘Apple’ icon.
16. Click ‘Restart.’
17. Confirm ‘Restart Now’ when prompted.
After finishing restarting your Mac, Google Chrome will no longer be able to Update automatically.
An easy way to disable Google Chrome Update on Mac OS X
Note: this will not just disable Chrome Update it will disable the entire Google applications automatic updates.
1. Launch the Terminal. You can find this in /Applications/Utilities/.
2. Enter this command into terminal (write com.google.Keystone.Agent checkInterval 0).
3. Hit ‘Return’ key.
4. Exit from Terminal.
5. And, restart Google Chrome.
It works to stop all the Google applications to update automatically.
How to disable Google Chrome Update on iPhone
1. Tap and open the ‘Settings.’
2. Scroll and tap on ‘iTunes & App Store’ in the settings.
3. Turn off the ‘Updates’ switch.
Now, none of your apps will update automatically including Google Chrome.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
General Articles1. 5 Benefits Of Buying Indian Bridal Hair Accessories From Online Shopping Website
Author: One Mela
2. Got Great App? Make It Visible To The World With Marketing Experts…
3. Best Bridesmaid Gifts For A Rustic Wedding
Author: Ben Alford
4. China Animal Silage Fodder Cutter Crop Straw Crusher
Author: yang huimin
5. Seeking Sweet And Simply Southern Style? Find It And So Much More At Girls ‘round Here
Author: Ben Alford
6. Know What Problems Can Be Fixed Using Astrology By Our Top Astrologer In Brooklyn
7. Are You Looking For A Letting In Edinburgh?
Author: Andrew whitmey
8. Characteristics Of Numerical Control Special Machining Technology
Author: Madhavachar Rangnekadr
9. Waking The Dead Anger Management
10. Global Telecommunication Market
11. How To Do Keyword Research For Seo And It’s Benefits.
Author: Ananth parsad
12. Show Your Creativeness With Bespoke Leather Jackets!
Author: Akash Sharma
13. Make Your Day More Fashionable With The Varieties Of Hippie Clothing For Women
Author: Anika Jonas
14. Attractive Opportunities In The Hydrogen Generation Market During The Forecast Period 2018-2023
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
15. How Good Is Your Water Treated- Find Sure Results With Water Softeners Nz
Author: Rabin Ryan