ALL >> Education >> View Article
Total Articles: 543
A raw score is an untransformed data obtained from a measurement. To understand the world around, individuals often obtain data before quantifying it. However, unaltered numbers may not necessarily mean anything. Relying on counting alone only provides raw scores that require further conversions to mean anything. Thus, raw scores are the forms of unaltered measurements. In the case of a test, raw scores represent the number of questions answered correctly by a student. An example of raw score includes original data obtained by a student in a particular test. The raw score is the individual’s actual achievement before any adjustments for relative position in a test group. The test scores must be converted to a percentile rank or standard score in order to make sense of the data. The conversion to standardized tests is done for interpretive and comparative reasons (Das & Das, 1980).
A student’s test in a score may be considered to illustrate why raw scores have little meaning. For example, a student may have obtained a raw score of 50. The raw score has no meaning as a score of 50 would be a superior score if the test consisted of 55 questions. However, it would be a below average score if the test consisted of 120 questions. In psychological tests, raw scores are converted to age scores, percentile scores, ratio IQ and standard scores. Their variations include T scores, Z scores, C scores, deviation IQ, and stanines. The raw score requires transformation for ensuring additivity of treatment effect as well as ensuring that data is normally distributed. The transformation fulfills the assumptions presented by statistical tests. The transformation may be done through linear or nonlinear techniques. Linear transformation does not alter the original properties and shapes. Nonlinear transformation alters the kurtosis and skewness of original raw scores (Das & Das, 1980).
Das, D., & Das, A. (1980). Statistics in Psychology. Academic Publishers.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in already written essay if you need a similar paper you can place your order for nursing writing services
Author is associated with MeldaResearch.Com which is a global Custom Essay Writing and Term Paper Writing Company. If you would like help in Research Papers and Term Paper Help you can visit Custom Writing Service
Education Articles1. Digital Learning: Easing The Course Rigor
2. Different Sources To Help You Through Leadership Assignment Writing
Author: Adam Jackson has been working as an academic write
3. The Oracle Fusion Scm Online Training |oracle Cloud Scm Online Training
4. The Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training | Oracle Cloud Financials Online Training
5. The Oracle Fusion Hcm Online Training | Oracle Cloud Hcm Online Training
6. Student Database Management System
Author: Nishant kumar
7. Top 7 Best Highest Paying Job In 2019 | High Demand Jobs
8. 15 Helpful Angularjs Tools For Developers
9. Python Programming Language
Author: Corporate School
10. Are Data Science Certification Courses Worth Doing?
Author: Durga Prasad
11. Sales Training In India | Dapa
Author: Mercuri India
12. Role Of The Fashion Institutes In Delhi In Creating The Future Of The Students Of Fashion Designing
Author: Anwar Ali
13. How To Do It Yourself Selenium Jenkins
14. 5 Frequently Asked Interview Questions Engineers Should Prepare For
Author: SIT Pune
15. Rajasthan Bstc Admit Card 2019
Author: yadav ashok