ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Explain The New Features In Java 7
Total Articles: 10
There are lots of features introduced by Java 7 in Java programming language and they are trying catch with a resource, String in Switch etc and with the introduction of new file API in Java further there are lots of modifications in Java Development API and apart from that, there are lots minor changes.
1) Permit using String in Switch Case :
In the earlier versions of Java, it was not possible to use String in Switch or a case statement. Since the enum was unveiled in Java 5, the idea for using String in Switch case was present. It was possible to use Enum in Switch case but it is not possible to do the same thing with String. After the entry of JDK 7, String can be used in the Switch case.
Read More : What are the features of Java 7?
2) Various Exception in one catch block :
It is one of the prime features which bags the thought in your mind when listing Java 7 features. There is a possibility to catch multiple Exception in one catch block in JDK 7. In Java 7, it is called as multi-catch block feature. In Exception handling, a significant enhancement called Java 7 has been made as it will decrease the clutter in Exception handling code in Java.
3) Automatic resource management or ARM blocks :
This feature is similar to the ones in previous Java 7 version called as Automatic resource management (ARM blocks) which also implies try with resource block is another important enhancement in the field of Exception handling in Java. Automatic closing of a resource is allowed by ARM blocks eg: Streams, Files, etc which is unveiled inside try block.
Read More : 7 Java Struts Action Framework Features
4) Fork-Join framework in Java 7 :
This feature is mostly asked in the Java interview questions there is a possibility for Fork join framework in Java 7 but it is an individual JSR. In Java 7 it has been included as a new feature to make it part of standard Java 7 core library. Codes can be written with the permission of Fork join and this benefit of multiple cores is present in modern servers.
5) Diamond operator for type interface :
Generics in Java are introduced by Java 5 where the programmers are not happy with the verbose and produce duplicate code which is apt due to object creation of para class in Java and you need to give type parameters in both right and left-hand side. A new Java 7 feature called diamond operator offers type interference while making Generic class objects. It is possible to get type interference without the Java 7 usage creating Factory method in Java. Type interference can be achieved easily with the help of diamond operator in Java 7.
Computer Programming Articles1. Why Take The Services Of An Iphone Application Development Company
Author: Moon Technolabs
2. Best Cpanel Providers That Offers Whm Cpanel License At Reasonable Prices
Author: Buy cPanel
3. 6 New Technologies Used For Java Developer
4. Top Java Web Systems To Use In 2019
5. A Brief Look At Custom Healthcare Software Development & Its Future.
Author: pawan yadav
6. Know About Importance Of Java Programming Language
Author: APTRON Noida
7. The Complete Guide To Understanding The Enterprise Application Integration
Author: rishabh Shukla
8. What Java Programmers Should Learn In 2019
9. Spring Framework Bean Scopes
Author: Kapil Gupta
10. Master The Art Of Java Se Support Roadmap With These Tips
11. How To Use Magento Import Export Extensions To Migrate Product Data?
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
12. A Complete Guide For Advanced Java
13. What Rings A Bell When You Hear The Word Java?
14. Most Recent Java Technologies And Trends
15. How To Disable Firewall On Mac
Author: karen minton