ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Laser Skin Resurfacing
Total Articles: 76
So you are contemplating a laser skin resurfacing session in Bangalore and you are about to start your journey down the rabbit hole called Google but before you do so here is a closer look at some of the key things that you should know about laser skin resurfacing.
First things first – Laser skin resurfacing is a proven method to get rid of wrinkles, acne scars, age spots, other blemishes and also tighten the skin and balance tone. But the common dilemma that faces one is because lasers tend to do a lot it is very easy to lose sight of your original goals and succumb to marketing pressures of things that you don’t even really need. Instead, focus on your goals – what are the skin problems you want to address and what results are you hoping for? Don’t get caught up in different brand names and competing devices and methods.
1. The time of laser resurfacing makes a difference
Did you know that autumn is considered “laser season”? Because laser-treated skin is hypersensitive to sun exposure for up to a year after undergoing certain procedures, many cosmetic surgeons recommend undergoing laser resurfacing during fall or winter months when daytime hours are shorter and most of the time is spent indoors.
Irrespective of the time you do the resurfacing, wear a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher sunscreen daily and reapply as needed. This not only helps to keep your results looking their best, it also provides protection against skin cancer and helps prevent additional premature aging.
2. Treatment may hurt – or it may not
How does laser resurfacing feel like? It depends on the laser, the area and depth of treatment, and an individual’s tolerance for pain.
Depending on the procedure, if some layers of skin are removed, those laser treatments may require local anesthetic injections or intravenous sedation to keep a patient comfortable.
On the other hand, there are some other laser treatments that pass through the skin without removing layers and cause little or no pain. A topical numbing cream is enough in these cases. Following the procedure, some areas remain tender for some time.
3. Having dark skin does not mean no laser resurfacing
A common misconception is that laser resurfacing is only safe for light skin types. Some lasers do pose a higher risk for cell damage or discoloration in the darker skin but there are other resurfacing options. For lighter-toned African American, Hispanic or Asian skin tones, Erbium lasers can sometimes be a good option posing less risk for discoloration. Radio frequency treatments or micro needling can be skin resurfacing options for patients with darker brown or black skin.
Consulting a laser resurfacing treatment provider with extensive knowledge and experience of working with darker skinned patients will ensure safe and effective treatment for you.
4. The person doing the laser resurfacing procedure matters
You can dramatically improve your skin’s appearance provided laser skin resurfacing is done by a highly knowledgeable, trained and experienced professional. In the hands of a poorly trained individual, lasers can be ineffective and even dangerous. Be sure to find out about the credentials of the doctor performing the laser surgery. Don’t go by brand names or offers.
5. Some medicines or conditions are not good for laser treatment
Before starting any treatment, you need to be honest with your plastic surgeon in Bangalore about your medical history and medications. For example, people who use medicines for acne can suffer from poor healing or scarring from laser resurfacing while people who use aspirin are at increased risk of post-procedure bleeding.
Health Articles1. Kiran Skin & Aesthetic Clinic In Hyderabad
2. Know The Dangerous Of Delaying Wisdom Teeth Removal Procedure
Author: Will Sievier
3. Dr. Puneet Dhawan - Naturally Heals The Signs Of Kidney Problems
Author: Karma Ayurveda
4. Ramps Make Public Areas Accessible For Wheelchair Users
Author: Derry Hall
5. Effective Dental Treatment With A Top Dentist
Author: National Dental Care
6. Relationship Therapy Nederland Is Going To Bring Positive Outcome For You!
Author: Angelika Matthias
7. Elawoman Fertility Loan
Author: Deepak Kumar
8. Akanksha Hospital – The Best Surrogacy Clinic In India
Author: Akanksha Hospital
9. Biopsy Systems Market: Increase In Geriatric Population To Drive The Market
10. What Steps To Focus While Choosing An Orthodontist?
Author: Clark Robinson
11. Tricks To Make Your Treatment Successful!
Author: Steven Tyler
12. Are You In Need Of An Effective Nephrotic Syndrome Ayurvedic Treatment?
Author: Karma Ayurveda
13. Barnet Person Centered Therapy Is Offered By Professional And Certified Therapist Now!
Author: Patrick Harper
14. Why Is Women Empowerment Training?
Author: Tanya Sharma
15. How Oral Defect Is A Reason For Many Diseases?
Author: Frank Sullivan