ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Get Started In The Fashion Industry- Consider The Right Fashion Designing Course
Total Articles: 207
"If you possess the love for art and a keen interest in designing accessories and clothing, then the fashion industry is where you belong. As lucrative and exciting as it may sound, fashion designing industry is a challenging and competitive career option in today’s world. It requires the fashion designers and other aspirants to combine their creativity and managerial skills in order to survive in this industry. So you need to pursue a course in fashion designing that will help you work on your skills and train you to become successful in this field.
Since the fashion industry comprises of different roles and job profiles you can choose from a variety of career prospects available in this field, based on your skills and expertise. Let’s take a look at the various job profiles and the most suitable fashion designing course for each of the role-
• Fashion designing- People aspiring to become fashion designers require formal training and education in fashion designing . There are various institutes that offer undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses in fashion designing along with diploma and certificate programs. Through these courses the students are taught the skills that are needed to fit this job, which include preparing a sketch of your original ideas, choosing the suitable fabric and right kind of material for clothing, picking the right colors that would go with the garments, and stitching the outfit together before the final design is approved. Fashion designing course is not restricted to clothing and costumes alone. It involves crafting patterns and designs on jewellery and accessories as well.
• Fashion marketing and merchandising- The work of a fashion marketer involves evaluating and selecting a variety of products to sell in retail markets. You will have to consider a number of factors like quality, price, customer demand and availability before you make a purchase decision. Both an associate degree and an undergraduate course can help you enter the field of fashion marketing and fashion merchandising. These degrees emphasize on practical and hands-on skills by providing aspiring students opportunity to complete projects, work on internships and study abroad at the biggest fashion capitals in the world.
• Fashion product management- This job profile requires you to have great management and organizing skills. You can choose to be a part of the production management team which requires you to handle the production of clothing. The work of a production manager involves bringing together the work of the production departments and design studio. A postgraduate course in Fashion product management will guide you through in this field. This course teaches you how to cope with technical problems, how to respond to product innovation and technical changes, along with new technologies like 3D printing.
With growing popularity and demand, fashion designing is no longer considered an alternative career choice; it has become a mainstream study course in India and all across the globe. So if you want to pursue a career so rewarding and extravagant, then you should consider taking up the right fashion designing course.
Author Bio:-Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about fashion designing courses that will help you get started in the fashion industry. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated with new designing courses . His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. Digital Learning: Easing The Course Rigor
2. Different Sources To Help You Through Leadership Assignment Writing
Author: Adam Jackson has been working as an academic write
3. The Oracle Fusion Scm Online Training |oracle Cloud Scm Online Training
4. The Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training | Oracle Cloud Financials Online Training
5. The Oracle Fusion Hcm Online Training | Oracle Cloud Hcm Online Training
6. Student Database Management System
Author: Nishant kumar
7. Top 7 Best Highest Paying Job In 2019 | High Demand Jobs
8. 15 Helpful Angularjs Tools For Developers
9. Python Programming Language
Author: Corporate School
10. Are Data Science Certification Courses Worth Doing?
Author: Durga Prasad
11. Sales Training In India | Dapa
Author: Mercuri India
12. Role Of The Fashion Institutes In Delhi In Creating The Future Of The Students Of Fashion Designing
Author: Anwar Ali
13. How To Do It Yourself Selenium Jenkins
14. 5 Frequently Asked Interview Questions Engineers Should Prepare For
Author: SIT Pune
15. Rajasthan Bstc Admit Card 2019
Author: yadav ashok