ALL >> Others >> View Article
The Importance Of Genuine Introspection
Total Articles: 1
What comes to our mind when we hear the word 'introspection'? We often say that we introspect and also hear others telling us that they also regularly introspect.
At this point, I would like to raise a question - are we really introspecting impartially or are we simply attributing our behavior as a reaction to the situations or events played out?
This question comes up because even when we say we introspect, we often do not see that it is accompanied by a transformation. Thus, an introspection that does not result in a genuine transformation in oneself cannot be regarded as true introspection.
This leads to the next question - what then is true introspection all about?
I was pleasantly surprised to discover what my Gurudev, Pujya Gurudevshri Rakeshbhai had to say in an article written by Him on true introspection. In a very clear and simple language, He helped me understand the importance of impartial introspection and how it helps in developing virtues in a seeker of spirituality.
After reading the article, I could comprehend that if we continue to attribute blame on the 'external' for our shortcomings and reactions, then we are not really introspecting. Because this track of thinking (of putting the blame on 'others' and acquitting ourselves from our hurtful reactions) will not lead us anywhere. It is futile to expect even an iota of transformation if we continue on this track of thinking. Most of us end up succumbing to blaming the outside because we find it a relatively easier approach to close the case. This leaves no scope for any sort of genuine introspection. In fact, it is a form of escapism - no need to look within for our own faults and just pass the buck onto others. Further, it helped me to recognize that transformation cannot happen without genuine introspection and it is this introspection that will help a seeker of truth in identifying his/her own faults, thought patterns, reasons behind irritations and frustrations and many such shortcomings.
So how does genuine introspection help in bringing about a transformation in ourselves? I have included a link in the signature that made me realize its importance. Hopefully, it will encourage and inspire you too to strive for impartial introspection.
This article by Pujya Gurudevshri Rakeshbhai helped me understand the importance of genuine introspection
Others Articles1. An Election Circus Bereft Of Animals
Author: Kelly Sanchez
2. Essart Faux Leather Travel Document Holder/passport Holder/cheque Book And Passbook Holder/card Hold
Author: Essart India
3. Earth Day 2019 Freebies And Deals
Author: Rene Watts
4. Diverse Types Of Indices You Must Know
Author: Jill Clevenger
5. South Australia Government Rebate Program To Get The Personal Medical Alarm At Free Of Cost
6. Requirement Of License To Sell Supplements
Author: Kumar Ram
7. What Are The Benefits Of Using An Online Video Downloader?
Author: Video Downloadr
8. Why Think About Setting Up A Trust
Author: This is the reason creating kids trust to verify y
9. Mobiistar X1 Notch – Truly An Android Value For Money
10. Assured Quality Automatic Knives At Best Prices
Author: My Switchblade
11. 4 Practical Uses Of A Compact Tractor
Author: Kumar Ram
12. Current Transducer Market Top Companies, Production, Growth Rate And Analysis, 2018-2023
Author: MarketsandMarkets™ INC.
13. Make Your Weekend Special With A Very Special Woman By Your Side
Author: Prachi Rai
14. Tarot Card Reading And Prediction 2019
15. Benefits Of Organic Eggs